3512 Rosendale Road, Niskayuna NY 12309
Ph: 518.932.8733 or 866.989.9003
|Coletree Security provides security solutions and security manpower
for construction sites and vacant properties.
We work with your security requirements and budgets to find a
solution that’s right for your site from inception to completion,
reducing your security costs and increasing your profit margins.
Building sites are a target for theft of building materials and
equipment. Vacant properties are targets for theft of copper pipes,
wiring and hvac equipment.
* Control all vehicles and visitors to the job site.
* Maintain a listing of all vehicles, deliveries and visitors on the job
* Escorting visitors to the construction office.
* Securing entrance area during non operating hours.
* Foot patrol of job site.
* Inspection of exterior fencing checking for security breaches.
* Maintain watch over equipment.
* Maintain watch over office trailers.
* Emergency Security Officer coverage.
Coletree Security can provide on site or roving patrols to save you the
potential loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment
and building materials.
There are things you can do to minimize building site theft and
* Hire security patrols as a deterrent, particularly on the night before
* Try to have valuable items delivered and installed on the same day.
* Don't leave unused materials on site for long periods of time.
* Arrange for materials to be stored out of general view.
* Check deliveries as soon as possible and report any damages or
* Where possible install window security screens, solid wooden doors,
window locks and other similar measures.
* Install expensive 'high risk' items, such as doors, locks, fittings and
white goods as close to handover as possible.
* Keep sites tidy: remove bricks and other debris from the front of the
site to reduce the likelihood of property damage, remove empty boxes
for 'high risk' items to reduce the likelihood of theft or arson.
* Fence your property or display the lot number, name of builder,
daytime and after hours contact number in a prominent location on
* arrange for street lighting to deter offenders.
* Make personal contact with neighboring occupied homes. Give them
a contact name and phone number for the builder, typical hours of
work on site, who to contact and what to do if they see suspicious
* Set up security cameras and security lighting.
* Tell your local police if you have particular concerns about a
* Always follow up reports of criminal activity. Ask questions and
make enquiries with staff, contractors and suppliers.
* Challenge unknown people on your site and ask why they are there
but don't take any unnecessary personal risk. Consider calling police
* Look about the site and determine vulnerable points that will attract
* Check identification of contractors and/or trades people on the site.
* Identify and mark all items of high risk. Put up signs to show that
items have been property marked.
Report any suspicious activity, including a description of suspects and
vehicle registration numbers immediately to your local police.